Wednesday, November 20, 2013

53 wks Post Op!

I can finally say I am 1 year Post Op!! Woo hoo.... Who would have thought that it would be so exciting hehe. I guess a year ago or a year and a half ago I would have never imagined anything that has happened to happen. I hoped that a lot of what has happened would, but I didn't know how or when or why it would.  Well ya I do know why, my hard work and dedication is why! One thing I dont get or understand why is this....


I just updated my Weight Loss ticker and I've gone from:
A BMI of 58.4! to a 32.5 now... at this BMI and my height I am still considered obese. Are you kidding me? How? How is that even possible I have a lot of hatred towards the BMI chart and system and I do not believe it to be accurate. I have gone from 309 lbs to 172 as of today and I am still obese. I feel like I am a brand new person and that I am so much healthier and happier that this BMI chart can kiss my A$$! I know you all will say that this BMI chart shouldn't matter and I shouldn't pay much attention to it. I should go with how I feel and what weight I am happy with. I honestly never thought when I started this journey that I would be one to obsess over a number on the scale, but now that I can actually see a number on the scale it matters. I do not want to be labeled as obese or over weight and I think I feel and look 100x's better than I used too.



Surgery Day 11-14-12 and 1 year later. Bottom is 1 wk before surgery and 1 year later.


Today while I was changing out of my work clothes I noticed  a new part of my body my stomach and its changing its looking different finally... I dont know if its a flux or if the ab challenge I have been doing for 20 days is working. but I can notice maybe some definition trying to show up. Now dont get me wrong I still hate every single part of my stomach from the ugly apron to the god awful muffin top LOL. My body was fast to drop most of this weight but now it is really up to me to define the parts of me that I am horrified with.

After seeing the dietitian I have been trying to hardest to get in 20 grams of protein per meal and its going great. I have been eating one greek yogurt with 3/4 cup kashi go lean cereal thrown in and its 208 cals and 20g of protein and keeps me full for a few hrs.

I am still trying new recipes and trying to stick to healthier ones.

Thanksgiving is a wk away and last year I was 1 wk post op Thanksgiving wk. and I didnt get to enjoy much I will prob always remember what I had that day for dinner while everyone pigged out. I have 4 oz cranberry juice 4oz 2% milk and 4oz of creamy potato soup. hehe.This year I am sure it will be different. Although I will be in my home away from home state Wisconsin with Isaac and his family I will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving traditions again!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Give thanks 


No comments:

Post a Comment