Sunday, November 11, 2012

3 Days left...




I have 3 days left of being the "FAT" me. I cant not believe how time has a way of sneaking up on us. I have been waiting and waiting for the past 2 months for Nov 14th to get here and here it is just 3 days away!

I spent most of this Saturday shopping for things I am going to need post-op. And I went food shopping, liquids for me and solids for Isaac lol. I ordered 3 of my fav protein powders off line yesterday, 2 Syntrax Nectars: Lemon Tea, and Twisted Cherry, also ordered Unjury Strawberry Sorbet. So I am stocked up on protein for a little while. I went to Sam's club and got a huge case of water, propel zero packets to put in the water and crystal light packets, Oh and some milk and a case of Poweraid Zero and diet cranberry juice.


I got all of this at CVS pharmacy minus my prescriptions. I got some travel sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion and face soap to take to the hospital with me. Some gas relief similar to gas x chewables for at the hospital and at home. My Lovenox injections down in the right lower corner are for preventing blood clots. I injection a day for 14 days. Prilosec is to reduced the acid that will be in my new stomach and I have to take that everyday for 3 months. I also found multivitamin chewables and in liquid form to try. They are similar to Centrum, but the CVS brand.

As for the Gauze and Window bandages those are for my incision sites that will need to be cared for and covered while I shower. Like the drain site and where they pull out the portion of my stomach that is removed.


I went to Dollar General and found the Magnesium Citrate that I will need to drink on Tuesday for my bowel prep. 3 bottles total they were only 1.25 a bottle compared to 2.25 at CVS, I got the grape flavor, but from what I hear it doesn't matter what flavor you get just get it nice and cold and drink it as fast as possible. I have to do 1 1/2 bottles at 10 am and the other 1 1/2 bottles at 1 pm. NOT looking forward to this at all. 

Last stop of the a day was Walmart, I stocked up on some creamed soups and chicken and beef broth. I picked up two wire strainers in different sizes. Some tea bags for hot tea. Also got a tape measure so I can take my measurements as the days, weeks and months go by. Along with recording my weights I will also keep track of inches lost.

I feel like I am as prepared as I can get right now I will have the next 3 days to make sure the house is clean and organized, so I don't have to worry about doing it while I recover. I'm gonna be getting my hospital bag together here soon. It's almost time.
                                                                                             Days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment