Monday, November 5, 2012

8 days and 12 hrs to go!

A week has gone by since my last update. What have I been up to??

Well surgery is scheduled for next Wed. Hoping it is the first one of the day and that I don't have to wait all day to get it done. I have been making lists and trying to prepare as best as I can, so I am comfortable when I come home from the hospital. Its going to be hard to stay in the hospital and be away from home and my animals. Zoey with not know what to do with out me home.

To try and prepare I have been trying different protein shakes and drinks to see what I can stomach. Some have been good and others not so good hehe. Right now as I type I am trying Twisted Cherry Syntrax Nectar. It is pretty good, I mixed it with 8oz of water this time to see if it was a little sweeter than with 16oz and Duh it is!

I also got a some more chocolate protein from Walmart again, in a 1.0lb bag. it was decently priced for the amount of servings you get out of the bag, So gonna try that this week,


Also this week I am going to start my pre-op diet on Wed for 1 week. I will be doing two protein shakes a day, and a salad with some protein in it for dinner. Along with clear liquids if needed and  of course my drinking my water!! But also sugar free jello, broth, and zero cal/sugar free drinks like propel zero and vitamin water zero. Most surgeons have u do a diet like this for 2 wks before surgery however mine doesn't make you, so I am doing it myself to prepare myself for how life with be 2 wks post-op. I hope I don't get to crazy and get any bad headaches with this pre op diet its only for 1 wk so it shouldn't be to bad. We will see.

This weekend I will be making a trip to Sam's club to stock up on clear liquids and protein, And be getting the house cleaned so I don't have to worry about it after surgery. I cant relax in a dirty house or feel comfortable.

I am still in shock that its finally here. Back in Feb I never thought Nov would get here and its here.Time flew by and I cant wait to be on the losers bench with my friends. I know I have done well with losing what the doctor wanted. I believe it has prepared me for life after being sleeved! I am the only person who can make me succeed and I am only person who can make me fail. It is my time to succeed! It is my time to start living life they way I was supposed to live it. The things that are going to come from this make it so worth it.

To the losers bench I go! Forever!

1 comment: