Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2 wks post op. Today! Doctor's check in tomorrow.

Today marks 2 wks since surgery. Its been a bumpy, but smooth road I guess you can say. Can you even say its bump and smooth?? Well I am getting the rest I need with a bump here and there. A week ago I had to have Isaac take me to the doctors office because I was having the worst pains in my abdomen on the right side below my incision sight, so I knew it wasn't from the surgery or a complication of the incision, but I didn't know what it was. When I got there they kept enforcing the idea that it was just constipation... Constipation?? I had no idea what this felt like because I had never experienced it before, had I known I surely wouldn't have gone all the way into Cleveland for it. Well Dr. Ben Meir prescribed Colace in liquid or tablet form so I could crush it, good luck finding either, had to get Peri- Colace with a mild laxative in it which came in a tablet form. And Miralax. He said we should be getting about 17 grams of fiber in our diet and on a liquid diet we aren't getting in any. That plus the pain pills is a nice combo for constipation. Nice huh!! Well Two Peri-Colace tablets and some Fiber later did the trick!  I know make sure I had the 17g of fiber to my juice in the am and haven't had any problems.

                        


Enough about poop!

So that was Wed last Week. Thursday Turkey-day was the first day I was feeling up to doing my hair and make up. Dinner was at my moms house and I was looking forward to going over there and spending the day with everyone, I had no idea how hard it was going to be to see all the food and not be able to have any of it. I had to pack my own dinner for Thanksgiving this year. Sad I know, but it's my own choices that brought me here and I am happy with them. So for dinner I brought 1% milk, diet cranberry juice and creamy potato soup. I ate with everyone else, but all I wanted to do was dig into the veggie tray hehe.

Thanksgiving Day 2012

This Monday I was really sore, so I took it easy and laid on the couch with the heating pad and my book most of the day! I have been giving myself the Lovenox shots in my abdomen and they have given me some pretty big bruises, so I think those might be contributing to my soreness. 

I am still on liquids until tomorrow I can start eating one cup of pureed foods a day along with my liquid diet to see how my body handles it. I think I will do just fine with it honestly. I am so ready to start eating other foods than soup. I have mainly been eating Cream of soups, Tomato soups, 1% milk, diet cranberry juice, water, Poweraid Zero, Propel Zero, Crystal Light and Chicken Broth. I did find some diet hot chocolate that is pretty good. Oh and Hot Tea. Yes it gets boring and FAST!

So for my weight in I have decided to make Wed. my weight in days since surgery was on a Wed and what better day than Hump day to do it? So here goes. 
  • April 2012 Heaviest weight: 309 LOSS of 51.4 lbs
  • Last Dietitian Appt. before insurance approval for surgery weight: 286.5 LOSS of 28.9 lbs
  • Surgery Date Nov 14th 2012 weight: 272.6 LOSS of 15 lbs 
  • Post-op Wk 1 weight: 265.8 LOSS of 8.2 lbs
  • Post-op Wk 2 weight: 257.6

So I have hit a MAJOR Goal!! of 50+ lbs lost since my heaviest I am still in shock and cant believe it. When will it hit me that I am losing weight?

Until next week... Have a good week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment