Wednesday, January 2, 2013

7wks Post-Op

My my my how time does fly by... it has been 7 wks since surgery, I can not believe how fast things have gone by. I thought those first 2 wks of liquids where never going to end and now here I am able to eat just about whatever I want again!! Except: Bread, Pasta, Beef, Nuts and Seeds. Now that 6 wks has passed and I am on to wk 7 I can eat raw fruits and veggies!! Which makes me very happy I love me some Raw Cauliflower!

So being 7 wks out I am at about 600 calories a day for food I am going to try better to track how much for sure I am taking in because this is a guess. I hate hate hate writing down what I eat dunno why I just hate it or dont like doing it. Dont know what I can do it make it fun. Any ideas??? I am getting in my water 64oz usually in a day and I am getting in my protein as well usually try to get about 20g of protein in with each meal to have total 60g per day. I am pretty good about getting my vitamins in on a daily basis.

At my check in today my blood pressure was 90/60 LOL so needless to day I have been directed to cut my blood pressure med in half and only take 10mg instead of the 20mg I am prescribed and on my next appt which is my 3 month check up I will most likely be taking off of my high blood pressure meds Can you believe that! I am so happy! I can not wait until I do not have to take it anymore!!!

Another thing that's happened, Sunday I started back on my BC (birth control). I had to be off it 6 wks before surgery and 6 wks after surgery. And I couldnt go back on the BC Pill because there are no studies done to show how it is absorbed in the body after you have been sleeved, so my doctors advised against me going back on it. I was thinking about going on the "Patch" my OBGYN say that it has a risk of causing "leaks" not sure if that is right?? I am going to see her in Feb and I will talk to her more about it then, but she suggested that I go back to the Nuva-ring for now, and at my Appt in Feb I will talk to her about implantation's, and see if those are an option for me.

So being that I am 7 wks out and everything has pretty much healed and I am back to work, I can say that I am very glad that I had this surgery and I am so glad I had chosen the hospital and surgeon I did. Every time I go in to see them I feel so welcomed.  I have no regrets and I wouldnt change a thing. I would do it all over again in a heart beat. If someone where to ask me if they should have the surgery and what they should do if they were considering having the surgery, I'd day do your homework!!! Do the research find a surgeon you trust, join forums and talk to people who have had the surgery, find support groups and have people you can talk to. It really does make the whole process so much easier.


So for my 7 wk weight here it is... 245.8lbs

April 2012 Heaviest weight: 309 LOSS of 63.2 lbs
Last Dietitian Appt. before insurance approval weight: 286.5 LOSS of 40.7 lbs
Pre-op Testing Day Oct 22, 2012 weight: 281 LOSS of 35.2 lbs
Surgery Date Nov 14th 2012 weight: 272.6 LOSS of 26.8 lbs 
Post-op Wk 1 weight: 265.8 (-6.8) LOSS of 20 lbs
Post-op Wk 2 weight: 257.6 (-8.2) LOSS of 11.8 lbs
Post-op Wk 3 weight: 254.6 (-3) LOSS of 8.8 lbs
Post-op Wk 4 weight: 250.2 (-4.4) LOSS of 4.4 lbs
Post-op Wk 5 weight: 246.8 (-3.4) LOSS of 1 lb
Post-op Wk 6 weight: 247.8 (+1 ) Gain of 1 lb
Post-op Wk 7 weight: 245.8 (-2 )LOSS of 2 lbs
GOAL 130: 115.8 lbs to GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment