Tuesday, September 11, 2012

November 14th 2012

So after yesterday and sleeping til 6 pm I was pretty bummed because I missed my call from "Sabrina" the scheduler at my dr. office. Today I made sure I got up on time and got ahold of her. My surgery has been schedule for November 14th .And Pre-admission testing is Oct 22 its an all day affair starting at 730am-3pm. Testing will consist of getting and EKG done and blood work for labs. Then back up to meet with my doctor to be cleared for surgery, the p.a. and my dietitian again to go over nutrition. I have asked Isaac to come with for an extra set of ears and moral support. I am going to be getting so much information thrown at me this day that I will need him there.

I am beyond excited right now! I cant believe that in 2 months I will be really starting this Journey I have been working so hard to get to. It all seems so surreal right now.


I have to make sure to keep the weight off that I lost during my 6 months of supervised diet and exercise with my dietitian or I will have to do a yucky 2 wks of protein drinks. I will contact my HR next week about Short Term Disability, to make sure I can have the time off work. Next Wednesday the 19th marks my 1 year anniversary at IBA! It will just be easier for them in HR if I to wait until I have my one year in to ask about S.T.D. I am going to be the taking 6 wks off of work, and could go back after 3 if feeling better.

One of my best friends has been on this weight loss journey for a year now and she is doing an amazing job at it. I am so proud of her. We have decided to get together once a month for a girls night and cook a healthy recipe we wanna try. And I cant wait to get this started it will be so much fun. We are looking at starting this in October.  I am hoping it will give us both some more recipes to add to our boxes since both of our lifestyles have been changing for the better. And give us more time to spend together and chat about our emotional ups and downs of weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment