Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thinking...


So, I've been thinking a lot the past few days, of what life is going to be like in 2 months. In 2 months I will have had my VSG surgery and be either at the hospital still or on my way home. Hope  that I am on my way home and that my hospital stay isn't to long. I am looking forward to going to sleep and waking up a new person. A brand new chance at life. A new Birthday to celebrate so to speak. 

I have been wondering what it is going to be like to go shopping for the first time. How will my recovery at home go. Everyone is so different is it hard to expect you to feel and be the same as someone else. It helps for me to hear what others are/have experienced, but I still have tons of ?'s. How will it be for me?

My support system is going to play a big part in how these questions get answered. I know they may not feel like they are doing much, but in my eyes they are doing wonderful. Hearing people close to me or  even a complete stranger who has or is going through it too,  say that they're proud of me for making this decision and taking charge of how my life plays out means the world to me. It means the world to me because I still struggle with me having it, because of the people who say, "You don't need it!", "Why have it?", "Do it on your own!" and the one that still gets me from years of mental/emotional abuse: " You DON'T need a surgery to help you lose weight!" Another statement that hurts me and upsets me is having someone say, "I am worried about you having surgery." Yes, I understand that it's a scary thing. Don't you think I am worried and worry too? But I am doing this for ME. To help ME not anyone else.
  • I am doing this, so that I don't have to take medications to live life.
  • I am doing this, so that I can run. Run and feel free!
  • I am doing this, so that I can be healthy and at a healthy weight to have the family I have dreamed of having since I was a little girl.
  • I am doing this, so that I can be more active as a parent that I was as teenager.
  • I am doing this, so that I can be around past my 30's-40's and 50's.
  • I am doing this, so that I can fit in to a wedding dress one day.
  • I am doing this, so that I don't have to shop in the Plus Sized (sometimes only two rack) section of a store anymore.
  • I am doing this, so that I can get on an airplane and not have to ask for an extension seat belt.
Do not just tell me you are worried, explain to me why you are worried and what questions you may have, Ask! I can answer them as best as I can or find the answers out. But be proud of me for taking this step in MY life.

I know there are always going to be people in your life/ in our world who are this way, but I guess all I can do is prove them WRONG! And not let it bother me or get me down.

4 comments:

  1. For those who say you can do it on your own......Sometimes you need a kick start. You are doing this on your own, its not like you have this surgery and thats it. You need to eat the right foods and excersize. This is a life change that YOU will need to do for YOURSELF. I for one am very proud of what you are doing. You will be a much happier and healthier person. Those that love you, love you for whats on your inside! You are caring loving funny beautiful and much more! This next chapter in your life will let you be that person for a much longer time. Keep up the good work. Love you lots! Auntie Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Auntie Janet, And you are so right. This is exactly how I feel! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie...as i'm reading your blogs, you really seem to have it together and that's great.
    This is a decision only you can make, as we all had to. No one can make it for you. We decide to have gastric bypass surgery because we've tried everything else to lose weight having little or no success, and some people don't understand that. It's not a quick fix last minute decision. It's thought out and researched, then we make a final decision. I would do it all over again. I know you're going to do great. I'm with you all the way...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Girl....CONGRATS ON SURGERY, so excited for you Doll....We are with you all the way~ Hugs ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete