Saturday, September 8, 2012

Approved!

So, as of Wed, Sept. 5th my surgery has been approved! My advocate Diane called me and gave me the good news!! She said that she called my insurance company to find out if they had made any decisions and they had! It has been approved and there has been approval letters mailed out they said! The next day I got my letter in the mail! I am so relieved that it has been approved. It's like that worry is now gone! But there are still a million more in its place. But they are all good worries. I should hear from the doctors office on Mon, Sep 10th for my surgery date!

 Since I've gotten some of the good news I thought now would be a good time to start reading The Weight Loss Surgery Coping Companion: A Practical Guide for Coping with Post-Surgery Emotions.I am enjoying it so far. I've started to do the exercises that are in it in a separate paper journal. I'd recommened this book to anyone who is going through a Weight Loss Journey. Not just someone having WLS, but with the emotional struggles that we have with Weight Loss on a day to day basis this book really seems to help you cope with and teach you how to handle what we are going through. Again I recommend to all my friends who are losing weight and struggling, whether you are having a surgery like me or not.

Along with reading my Coping Companion, I have also started my bucket list! Once I get some more time I will post a few of my bucket list times. This Bucket list is for My Journey to Happily Ever After. It has all kinds of things on it that I want to do, once I have reach a point where my weight isn't stopping me. It gets bigger and bigger everyday! I am having fun with my bucket list, I can be driving in the car, and something will pop in to my head and I will go on I have to remember to write that down on my bucket list. I think everyone should have a bucket list. Who said that a bucket list should only be written in the event that we aren't going to be around much longer? I am writing my to celebrate that I will be around much much longer!

1 comment:

  1. I love that your doing a bucket list! You are right everyone should do that rather its for wieght loss or what you fear or just for living life! I think I'm gonna start one. Good luck and I am very proud of you! Love you lots!
    Auntie Janet

    ReplyDelete