Tuesday, August 21, 2012

5th and 6th Month

So July marked month 5 of my 6 months: I was able to decide for sure that I am going to go ahead with the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG)  http://www.stvincentcharity.com/programs-services/centers-excellence/bariatric/surgicalpro/vertical-sleeve-gastrectomy.aspx  so I told my patient advocate this and she put it down in my chart for the surgeon. I lost 1.1 lbs this month which put me at 288.5.  
Also this month I had my psych evaluation done, WOW! It was the MMPI-2 which is The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2  this was a True False test of 567 questions  takes about 60-90 mins. I felt crazy after taking. 
During my 5th month I joined an awesome Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=10151026831462424#!/SurgicalWeightlosssurgery   and I started following the blog from the Facebook page: http://foodaddictionsbeyondweightloss.blogspot.com/p/contest-giveaways.html  It’s been awesome having these two pages to go to everyday for motivation and support I wish I would have found them sooner, but I am glad I have found them now!!
Month 6: Aug. I had my last check in for insurance purposes on the 14th of the month and I am now at 286.5. I don’t remember the last time I was ever at this weight. But it feels pretty darn goodJ. The other day I ordered two books off Amazon that I thought would be helpful to read and give me some more information that what I have already read about and looked put on my own.
My books should be here by this weekend (17Aug)!!
Since I am done checking in with the dietitian and doctor for insurance purposes I am now just waiting for everything to be submitted to the insurance company and waiting for their final approval and for a call from St. Vincent asking me when I would like to schedule my surgery. As for right now they are scheduling for October! So it could be my birthday present to me after all! Once surgery is schedule I’ll have pre-surgery testing that is 2-3 wks before my actual surgery and it last will last a whole day from 7-am till 3pm I am so not looking forward to that at all lol. They will do some blood work, an EKG, my Dr. will approve me for surgery that day as well, and I will also sit through a few classes and get a lot of information. Good thing Isaac is coming with me as my second brain! I am going to need it!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment