Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WLS Books!

My books came today (17AUG12)! I started reading The Sleeved Life: A Patient-to-Patient Guide on Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Weight Loss Surgery. And I have to say this I believe I have made the right decision with which surgery to have. She does a good job outlining the different types of WLS's options out there and her reasoning’s for picking the Vertical Sleeve are similar to mine. I do not feel comfortable having a foreign object in my body so the Lap-band was def out; the Gastric Bypass was out just because I did not like the idea of having the rearrangement of my body parts. And St Vincent only offered these three. The Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy is where they remove about 85-90% of my stomach leaving a cylindrical or sleeve shaped stomach in place. With this surgery the outlet valve and the nerves to the stomach all remain intact and while the stomach is reduced in size drastically its function is preserved. 
So that’s a little bit about the surgery I am having. I also go my other book The Weight Loss Surgery Coping Companion: A Practical Guide for Coping with Post-Surgery Emotions. I will read that as soon as I am done with the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment