Wednesday, October 10, 2012

35 days and counting... UPDATE!

4 days way from a month til surgery day... How do I feel you ask? Well... I am still very happy and excited with the decision I have made to have the VSG. I can not wait to have it over said and done with, so I can start living my new life as the new and improved Shauna 2.0 hehe. The Shauna 2.0 has so much to offer this world that Shauna 1.0 couldn't do because of this weight.

I love the fact that I have joined a forum and become friends with some amazing women and I am able to go to them and them come to me for support and to talk to about things that I cant go to just anyone. They know what it is like to be over weight, to be "sleeved" and or to have to be going through the process of getting approved to be "sleeved". A few of my friends have even used the same surgeon I am using which makes it even more special.

I hope that by me going thought this I am one day able to help someone else and touch someone else's life.

The thoughts still goes through my mind on a daily basis of what will I  look like thinner, how will my mind handle me being thinner, and what will people around me start to say. Now I know I have not kept this a secret from anyone I have been quiet open to everyone  and to anyone who asks me about it. So I guess I wont know to deal with these questions until I'm actually living them. I do not care that people know about me having surgery. I does hurt me that people don't support me decision. You can not like what I am doing up support me!

I have decided that I am probably going to do my own pre op diet since my dr doesn't have you do one. And I think It might be a good idea to do one to make sure my liver is small. The idea of a pre op idea is to shrink the liver so it is out of the surgeons way when we is going surgery. Most pre op diets are about a wk or 2 long and consists of liquids sugar free drinks. sugar free jello, protein shakes and about 800 a day. I think I will do it for a week up til my pre op testing and see if it helps any. Not sure tho I will ask at pre op testing on OCT 22 what they suggest.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Shauna and very proud of you. This is a journey only you can decide on and it's going to be an amazing journey at that. Just know you're a beautiful person inside and out no matter what.
    You're like a flower soon ready to bloom.
    I'm so excited for you that I'm helping you count the days.
    Always know I'm here for you. Hugs!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Karen! thank you!! You words mean alot too me! I am a flower! and Im tied of be a bud! Im ready to bloom! hehe! Count down has been on my phone since about 52 days hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete