Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Protein Protein Protein!

So... Sunday night I ordered a Starter Kit from Unjury a highly recommended protein by doctors all over, it is medical quality protein that has been developed by a clinical dietitian. I've heard some good things about it from a few people and I thought I would give it a try and see if I liked it since after surgery I will need to get in as much protein as possible. Now with the Starter kit that I ordered I went with it because it allows you to try just about all of the protein powders that they offer. And it was a great deal I thought!

So for $21.20 ($27.20 with shipping) I got 2 packs of each: Chicken soup, Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Sorbet, and Unflavored. A Rubbermaid Shaker and a Food Thermometer because they recommend you don't mix protein powers in liquids that are over 140 degrees. Best of all its 21g. of protein per pack that's a ton of protein I think, I have heard a few people say that you can mix them in with water and crystal light and you really cant tell its in there, and you can mix them with ice and milk and make a milkshake out of it when you blend them. Also the unflavored can be added to foods like mashed potatoes and apple sauce. I am very excited to try them and to see what ones I love and don't love so much!



I also  have Pre-op Testing "Pre Admissions Testing" Monday Oct 22! at 7am and I will be able to try a few different protein samples there as well.

A friend of mine also mentioned to me Premier from Sam's Club is a good protein drink too. She said it taste just like chocolate milk and for 16 of them its like $25, so I will be getting a few of them. We just got a Sam membership a wk ago!! 
And she mentioned Muscle Milk Light was pretty good. So I have a few options to try!




After Pre-op testing I will do some shopping and post about what I bought and what I will be living off of before and right after surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment